Finsec products are only available to homeowners based in England and Wales aged over 18 and are subject to status. By accessing and using this website, you are agreeing to our Conditions of Use and Privacy statement below. Telephone calls may be recorded for security and for training, monitoring and compliance purposes.
Any information you provide will be treated as private and confidential except where law requires us or where the disclosure is made at your request or with your consent in relation to arranging your loan.
Where your application has been introduced to us by a third party we may disclose information concerning the progress of your application to them.
We will store the information about you on computer and in other records. We will only use this information for the purposes registered under the Data Protection Act 1998.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you if you apply to us in writing. A fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the personal information we hold about you please contact us.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or in writing marked for the attention of the Data Protection Officer:
Finsec Ltd 511 Centennial Park Centennial Avenue Elstree Herts WD6 3FG
How we use your information
1. When you apply to us to open an account, Finsec Limited will check the following records about you and others (see also 2 below)
a) Our own;
b) Those at credit reference agencies (CRAs). When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders. They supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information.
c) Those at fraud prevention agencies (FPAs). We will make checks such as assessing this application for credit and verifying identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering. We may also make periodic searches at CRAs and FPAs to manage your account with us.
2. If you are making a joint application or you tell us that you have a spouse or financial associate, we will link your records together so you must be sure that you have their agreement to disclose information about them. CRAs also link your records together and these links will remain on your and their files until such time as you or your partner successfully files for a disassociation with the CRAs to break that link.
3. Information on applications will be sent to CRAs and will be recorded by them. Where you borrow from us, we will give details of your accounts and how you manage it/them to CRAs. If you borrow and do not repay in full and on time, CRAs will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs and FPAs to perform similar checks and to trace your whereabouts and recover debts that you owe. Records remain on file for 6 years after they are closed, whether settled by you or defaulted.
4. If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect or identify fraud we will record this and may also pass this information to FPAs and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention.
5. If you have borrowed from us and do not make payments that you owe us, we will trace your whereabouts and recover debts.
6. We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
7. Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
8. We will give the information (whether held electronically or in manual form) which we hold from time to time about you, this Agreement and your conduct of it (including the payments you make under it and any default or failure to keep to its terms) to:-
a. Any agent acting on our behalf, as may be necessary for administration of your account, enforcement or settlement.
b. The organisation providing our funding and any proposed assignee, transferee or charge of our interest under this Agreement, including their insurers and advisors.
c. We may also use information about you, this Agreement and your conduct of the account for analysis and assessment, including credit and behavioural scoring and product and market analysis. Please write to us at our address or email email@example.com or telephone us if you require details of the CRA’s or any other agencies from whom we obtain, and to whom we pass information about you. You have a legal right to these details. You have a right to receive a copy of the information we hold about you if you apply to us in writing. A fee will be payable.
You are able to see what information we hold about you and can ask us for a copy at any time. Any request must be made in writing and we will reply within 40 days from the date we receive the fee payable for the service. The fee for a Data access request (per person) is £10 per request.
You can contact the CRAs currently operating in the UK; the information they hold may not be the same so it is worth contacting them all. They will charge you a small statutory fee.
Call Credit, Consumer Service Team, One Park Lane, Leeds, LS3 1EP or call 0330 024 7574 or log on to http://www.callcreditstatreport.co.uk
Equifax Ltd, Customer Service Centre, PO Box 10036, Leicester, LE3 4FS or call 0333 431 4043 or log on to http://www.equifax.co.uk
Experian Ltd, Customer Support Centre, PO Box 9000, Nottingham NG80 7WF or call 0344 4818000 or log on to http://www.experian.co.uk